Picture this!

Picture this!

Monday, February 21, 2011

That's Cool

I think you guys may have been waiting for my next post ; my next display of charming words..I don't really care, but I'll humour you :
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Anyway, there are days when I just keep thinking and thinking and thinking....
About what,exactly? Let me think, bub!!

I am, as you have learnt from my previous posts, antisocial and, in all modesty, pretty awesome. And while I walk around antisocially, I ponder silly thoughts and hypothetical situations...that's the disadvantage of being antisocial...you tend to have too much time on your hands.
I notice most of the people walking past me restlessly; people who seem to think that every moment spent not saying something is a moment wasted. They always have to talk. Doesn't matter if it's full to the brim with horsey poo. Everyone has to make it seem as if he/she has a good point to add about something. The perpetual quest for doggie-like-admiration and attention. Everyone wants to be cool.
What is 'cool'? How would one define it? Based on demographic observations, I conclude that people who use profanity at every possible instance, and even beyond every possible sensible location in a single sentence, would fall into the category of being cool.Well, that's what they seem to believe, anyway. Another quality of people that makes them think they're cool would be their ability of demeaning others through humour. Well, they are cool, sometimes...(I pleaded guilty of this particular charge once upon a time).
But most of all, using 'faadu' eeenglis and over-abbreviated sentences on social networking sites, for example : me n ma frenz jus' had n osm tym @ da bar...
I personally don't understand how one can enjoy something while one's too busy texting or tweeting or updating his fb status about it. It's like, the other peoples' approval and/or jealousy has become more important than the thing in itself!

Nowadays, people are judged cool or uncool by the amount of photos of themselves they have posted on facebook. It's a race; people upload photos or pics(the 'cool'er term) of themselves in the dumbest of situations, where no photo is even remotely appealing in any way.
And the girls..................the amount of 'cute','pretty','gorgeous' etc. comments they starve for, and go berserk in both giving and receiving such preposterous stuff.....<incredulous head shake> . It seems taking a photo of a moment has become more important then enjoying it. Now I wouldn't be criticising this if photography is your passion or something...but it's an art after all, don't insult the 'serious' photographers..

People also judge how cool they are by the number of 'friends' on their online friend list...or to be more specific, the number of girls on their online friend list. The 'hotties'. I mean, come oooon....develop some sense, people!!
Also, who owns the latest blackberry or iphone or psp...blah blah.....
In my personal opinion, though, the coolest people are those who don't give a tiny rat's ass about appearing to be cool.
Now, THAT's cool....
And, of course, me...heh heh (no doubt whatsoever)

2 comments:

  1. everyone is in the race to grab more n more attention... And I am so glad that I am not among them... I wonder, how many people from the 'friends list' really bother where we went & what we did all day... How many even care if we really had fun at 'da bar' or not...

    If showing that they are better than the rest makes them happy, so be it... Let them have their time... But as time passes, these all things start seeming very meaningless... Coz then your priority isnt to be in the race to be cool, but to earn bucks!!

    Hi5 on being antisocial...

    Bdw, why do you have something against girls...?? Did some one break your heart that you've become this way??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi5 returned.
    I don't have anything against girls in general...only the type mentioned in this post, namely, the attention seeking, and the ones whose whole day comprises of talking about how gorgeous they (or someone else) are (is)..
    I know a couple of girls who aren't like that. Knew, actually, heh heh...

    ReplyDelete