Picture this!

Picture this!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life At Schools - Part 3

Back to the school memories...
In the summer of 2002, since I had shifted residence, it was no longer convenient for me to commute to the school I'd been going to for the past 7 years. I was depressed by this explanation and often threw tantrums before my parents, trying to prohibit them from sending me to a different school. That, obviously didn't work.
So, after a lot of emotional volcano eruptions, I accepted defeat and wrote the admission test.
And gave the interview as well. Of this, I don't remember much...let's just get to the delightful FIRST DAY in the new school.

29 March 2002 (or something like that)

I timidly stepped into the school campus, eyes wide with apprehension and confused by the weird shapes of the buildings. I found out where my class was supposed to be and headed for it. Heads turned. I felt like Harry Potter. When I entered the class, students noticed I was a new addition to the class, and began excitedly barking (that's what it sounded like)..and a loud, heavily nasal voice enunciated : " Naya bachha?!"
I looked around for the owner of that voice, and saw a creature that looked like it had been morphed into a human being from a mouse. Or a bandicoot, rather...
And then, I saw a lifelike statue of Humpty Dumpty. On careful inspection, however, it turned out to be a real live human being. Wow. I later found out he weighed like 101 kgs...at the age of 11. Oh, and his last name aptly is phonetically similar to 'rasoi' (kitchen)..I wonder what he's upto nowodays..(wouldn't be surprised to see him in Hell's Kitchen..heh heh)
The teacher came in, as the mousey-boy tried to steer me somewhere. Upon noticing the teacher, he scarpered...convincing me further of his mouse-like traits..and interestingly, the teacher looked quite like a cat.

I looked around the classroom, finally choosing to sit near a serious looking boy, whom I thought would teach me what I missed for the past 2 days...turns out he was a total dullard. I changed my place and sat beside a giant of a boy, who couldn't stop sniggering, and well, looking at him, neither could I. The teacher got fed up and made me sit in front of the class with a girl who would eventually become head girl, and my, she did have a big head( and a big everything-else).

I don't remember much of the rest of the day, just the perfect end to the perfect first day at the new school. It was the PE period and I grabbed the attention of what seemed to be the class rowdy gang...I tried ignoring them and laughed off their comments, feeling this would make them bored and that they'd go away. Well, it didn't , and the midget leader of the gang started to turn aggressive. Then out of the blue, he gave me a delightful little kick in the crotch. In my defence,
  • I couldn't see it coming, he was so short
  • I suck at brawls; I can only kick ass in one-on-one combat,when warned in advance
  • I like getting kicked in the crotch, there's nothing quite like it...
So that fine summer afternoon, I made my way back home, hands clasped onto my crotch, tears in my eyes (no they didn't run down...just tears of pain forming in the eyes for about 2 seconds or so- i have a biological inability to cry, which we'll come to later on) and heaved a sigh of relief.

Boy, that was a marvellous day....

2 comments:

  1. You never told about this earlier, indeed was a marvellous day.
    I do remember mine too, was greeted by a maestro who could play you a particular song everytime you saw him, and still say it's not the same.
    I tried guessing the creatures being talked about and except the dullard, Im pretty sure Im right about all(or maybe him too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dullard is a big 'trouser' merchant...heh heh

    ReplyDelete