Picture this!

Picture this!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Offbeat Is My Middle Name

Greetings.

I have always tended to swim against the strong currents of societal and demographic trends. Everything I do, I do it for me. I have never taken tuitions in my entire life..except if you take into account IIT coaching, where I merely came, saw, and got clobbered in the tender heinie. I solve mathematical problems orally. Yes, even in exams. No, not the BOARDS, what am I, stupid??

I once solved enough questions to get into one of the coveted thrones of Vidya Mandir Classes. I didn't explain the solutions, I just wrote the answer. I didn't even get a correspondence course offer. In reply, I offered a very polite middle finger.

My taste in music has always baffled my peers...and perhaps now that they are catching up( and that I, being in a situation not conducive to progressive taste in music, am stagnating)..I still have to stifle guffaws...except for a few buddies whose taste I agree with.
I'm usually not one for display of personal choice, but my favourites are listed below :

1. System Of a Down....no question.Top spot. Undisputed.

2. Them Crooked Vultures

3. well, the ranking of the rest is disputed in my own mangled brain, so I will simply state them.


White Stripes, Foo fighters, Oasis, Porcupine Tree, Led Zeppelin, The Raconteurs, Daler Mehndi, Baba Sehgal etc.

I don't usually practice Hero worship...but here are a couple of people I just can't help admiring for their eccentricity and talent.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAN7Ts0xBo








Annnnd. I learnt the guitar all by myself. From the internet.My mom refused to send me to classes since she though I would, as usual, discontinue in the middle of the course.....I just convinced her to buy me the guitar...and the rest, I took care of it. The tragedy is that I no longer have a guitar. I fuckin' broke it. So, now that I can't afford a good one, and since I don't want to waste cash on a not-so-good one, I'm gonna build one for myself. Wish me luck.


This is ALcoholic Toddler signing off.



I'm leaving a little hint for my next post : Constipation Blues.
Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment