Picture this!

Picture this!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long Time, No Post

Hiya, people!!
I apologise for delaying this post for so long. In my defence, I was very busy with absolutely nothing.
Back to my school life in 2002, then....

I was beginning to settle in, and concentrate on grades rather than who was the biggest idiot in class. I sat through english classes wondering what mental institution the teacher escaped from. She was, well, weird at best, and horrible with english ( Though a LOT better than the teachers I have here in Chennai)...and she used to roll her eyes like the Undertaker...and speaking of the Undertaker, the computer teacher looked like she was his twin.
I got horrible grades from the start. 10 apiece in biology, physics..and a decent 44 in english( which people considered awesome) ..but I've always had higher standards for myself than anyone ever did...though it's a different matter that I hardly ever met those darned standards.

The Hindi teacher was a nightmare.She was extreeemely unattractive, despite being ludicrously voluptuous. She'd give me barely passing marks, since I knew only spoken hindi and not the technical 'beauty' of the language. Blame it on my South Indian roots.gah...

I improved a lot in Science...i.e Physics and Biology, almost topping in every test from that time onwards.

It was then that I developed my love for football, having seen the FIFA World Cup for the first time. I was the first to be picked in the team, a hell lot of improvement from being picked last. I had my fair share of arguments on field, when I got frustrated at how dumbly the others played. It was not unlike the scene in Shaolin Soccer( which I was incidentally watching yesterday) where all the players are busy kicking dust in the furious melée, when the referee blows the whistle and groans," What are you doing??<pointing sideways> The ball is over there."

I had taken up French as a third language. I wasn't aware that Third languages start earlier in this school . All the other people had been learning French for two years already! As expected, I barely passed in my first Weekly test. I cried like a lovable little sissy before my whole class. Then I found out that I had two years' less experience, which made me feel a little better( Though not as much as cuddling my booboo).

Test standards there were much higher than my previous school, where I could get 90 above with my eyes closed. I adapted a little bit, and was almost the topper by the end of the year. My percentage was just 88%, so you can imagine what kind of pithecoid genii my class was composed of.

There were many more fights, most were really forgettable.
Then there was this Carnival kind of thing, which was quite a lot of fun. There were game stall and food stalls, but the most memorable things were the Lucky Draw and the Concert by Mika Singh.

He performed a couple of songs, most of which I don't remember( I didn't listen to much of punjabi music) , with the exception of Gabru...
Then in the end, he signs off  : You can email me , my Id is mikasingh@mikasingh.com

The Lucky Draw was much anticipated. I didn't win anything, but the Humpty Dumpty I mentioned earlier won a bicycle. HAHAHAHA

That's about it. Nothing more from the year 2002 was really memorable.
I have exams coming up, hence no regular internet access, but ye olde faithful dogs can still wag your little tails in pointless expectation, if you wish.

For now, I gotta chill.
The Dude abides!

1 comment:

  1. I remember how I passed German in first year.. Just waited for the guy sitting behind me to finish up section-1 of the paper and pass me his sheet...

    ReplyDelete